Halton Women’s Place strives to provide a safe and comfortable place to stay for all self-identified women (16 years of age and older) and their children fleeing domestic violence. Two emergency short-term shelters are available in the Halton Region, one in Milton and one in Burlington.
What can you expect at the shelter?
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms
- Laundry facilities
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders
- One-to-one counselling as needed
- Advocacy for you and your children
- Support in accessing community services
- Supportive group counselling
- Danger Assessment, including Safety Planning
- Depart Planning
What if you have pets?
In partnership with the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association, we can offer the SafePet Program. This program was developed to provide temporary boarding space with local veterinary clinics for pets of women who are seeking refuge in women’s shelters.
If you are in crisis or need more information about staying in the shelter, please call our crisis line:
Halton Women’s Place – South – 905-332-7892
Halton Women’s Place – North – 905-878-8555
Halton Women’s Place will accept collect calls, and if needed, can support with emergency transportation.