Holiday Hamper 2017
For many families, the holidays are a difficult time. They are especially difficult for our clients at Halton Women’s Place.
Our Holiday Hamper Program is a great way for YOU -the community- to support the many women and children who have used shelter services in the past year and who are spending their first holiday on their own.
The choice to leave an abusive home may bring many challenges including, lower income, lack of affordable housing, and loss of family traditions. These challenges are amplified during the holidays. At Halton Women’s Place we do our best to ensure that all women and children enjoy the holidays.
Our Holiday Hamper Program matches ‘wish lists’ with sponsor companies, groups or individuals. These hampers are then dropped off at a Halton Women’s Place off-site location and are given to the families for the holidays. All gifts must be UNWRAPPED. We would like to have all our families sponsored by November 25th and we will assign you a drop off date, so that each and every hamper is successfully delivered before the holidays.
Giving Guidelines for Families:
• Please provide NEW items ONLY (approx. $100 / woman and $100 / child)
• Please provide grocery gift cards for hampers (ie. family of 2 – $40, 4 – $80, 6 – $120)
(PLEASE NOTE, HWP IS NO LONGER ABLE TO ISSUE TAX RECEIPTS FOR HOLIDAY HAMPER ITEMS)
If you would like to sponsor a family or learn more about other opportunities, please call Kaitlin at x. 244 or email email@example.com.
Other ways you can support our clients through the holidays is by donating any of the following items:
- Children’s winter boots and coats (all sizes)
- Children’s winter mittens/gloves (waterproof), hats and neck warmers/scarves
- Women’s winter books and coats (all sizes)
- Women’s winter coats
- Women’s T-shirts
- Women’s yoga pants/track pants, housecoats and slippers
- Women’s socks and underwear
- Feminine hygiene products
- Diapers (sizes 4-6) and baby wipes
- Small household appliances (blenders, toasters)
- Pots, utensils, drinking glasses, coffee mugs
- Pillows and pillow cases
- Twin sheet sets and comforters/blankets
- Gift cards (ex. grocery stores, clothing stores, mall gift cards, etc.)
Please note that during this time, we are only accepting NEW items.
Please consider donating to Halton Women’s Place for the holidays.