News & Events
Here is a Listing of our Upcoming Events
There are no upcoming events at this time
What Others are Doing for HWP
CornerStone Dynamics are business productivity specialists, helping leading corporations to work smarter and improve productivity. One of their core beliefs is community. Every day is an opportunity to make a positive difference in someone’s life. CornerStone Dynamics products are designed to help increase your productivity and efficiency in either your professional or personal life.
CornerStone Dynamics donates 5% of the sale of product from their website to Halton Women’s Place.
Products can be found at cornerstonedynamics.com
Halton Women’s Place News
Halton Women’s Place News
This year for Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, we are honored to feature Leslie Morgan Steiner as our speaker. At 22, Leslie Morgan Steiner seemed to have it all: a Harvard diploma, a glamorous job at Seventeen magazine, a funky New York City apartment....
Thank you to our incredible Halton community for your kindness, compassion, and generosity throughout this year, and always. It's been a pleasure to partner with you all, through another year of challenges and triumphs as we work towards our vision of a world where...
Congratulations to the Lottery for Hope GRAND-PRIZE Winner... Soulla F. (Ticket #4975034) Thank you so much to everyone who participated and helped spread the word about our 50/50 Lottery for Hope, commemorating November, Woman Abuse Prevention Month! Every...
We know that time doesn't stop for women and families experiencing abuse. We know that you may need to call us at any time of the day, or whenever you happen to have the privacy to reach out. We know that you have questions about leaving an abusive...
1. Different Types of Abuse Abuse is the attempt by one person to control another using fear, violence, intimidation. Abuse is not just physical. It may also be emotional, sexual, or psychological • Emotional Abuse — any words, facial expressions, gestures or actions...
Message from Laurie Hepburn, Executive Director, Halton Women’s Place Today, the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women is a time to take action. December 6th, 2021, marks the 32nd anniversary of the...
We are thrilled to announce the winner of our Lottery for Hope Early Bird Draw: Congratulations to Kathryn H.! Kathryn is a monthly donor who so generously is donating all of her prize winnings back to Halton Women’s Place. We can't thank her enough for her kindness....
In Ontario, November is Woman Abuse Prevention Month. Statistics tell us that at least half of all women in Canada have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence since they have turned 16, and on average every six days a woman is murdered by her...
HWP's Community Conversation: The Role of Males in Ending Gender-Based Violence Domestic Violence isn't a women's issue. It is a systemic and societal issue. At Halton Women's Place, we focus on prevention through education, and this includes engaging men and boys in...
HWP Feb 26 Gala Update and AnnouncementWe have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2022 Home Safe Home Gala. With this most recent surge in COVID-19, like many organizations and businesses, HWP is experiencing staffing shortages from all departments and our...
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter