Local Meals Program
How many meals can you help fund today?
Rest assured, Halton Women’s Place continues to provide around-the-clock service through our crisis and shelter services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are still here for women and children!
However, like everyone else, we have been implementing changes to prioritize social distancing and isolation along with the safety of our clients. We are closing down our kitchens from cooking , and instead offering our clients ready-made meals at set times.
We are implementing two new ways to achieve this and this is where we need YOUR help.
Sponsor a Weekday Meal
It costs approximately $35/day to provide meals for a single client staying at
Halton Women’s Place.
Can you help sponsor meals for a day for one client? Meals for the shelter for a day? Lunch or Dinner? Every contribution helps!
Sponsor a Meal from a Local Restaurant
Support local eateries who need our help right now AND support the women and children living in shelter.
Click below to coordinate with us to provide a weekend dinner for our shelter from a local restaurant.
You have options:
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter
©2021 Halton Women’s Place. All Right’s Reserved | Registered Charity Number-10746 2558 RR001