Local Meals Program
Sponsor a Meal from a Local Restaurant
Coordinate with us to order a weekend dinner from a local restaurant or caterer and have it delivered to the shelter!
This is a great way to support local eateries who need our help right now AND support the women and children staying with us.
Why the weekend? Our shelters have less capacity on the weekends and would benefit greatly from dinners being delivered for our residents!
Here’s How it Works:
Step 1) Fill in the form below to let us know that you can sponsor a dinner!
Step 2) We’ll connect with a local restaurant on our list for a quote based on the number of women and children we currently have in shelter. (We have chosen restaurants that provide a variety of foods that can also accommodate dietary restrictions and are providing delivery).
Step 3) We’ll send this quote to you for confirmation.
Step 4) Once confirmed, we’ll make arrangements for you to pay for the order through Halton Women’s Place. This way we can issue you a tax receipt for the amount paid.
Step 5) We’ll coordinate the delivery with the establishment, and connect with you after delivery to thank you!
2021 Virtual Annual Report
2021 Annual General Meeting
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter