Thank you for your patience as we slowly bring our donation items program back to the shelters.
If you are interested in donating physical items, please review what we are able to accept at this time. **List updated as of March 9th, 2023**
PLEASE NOTE ALL ITEMS MUST BE NEW. THANK YOU.
- Nut free school snacks
- Small appliances including coffee makers, toasters, toaster ovens, etc.
- Twin, Double and Queen sized sheet sets and comforters
- Twin, Double and Queen sized Bed Frames and Box Springs
- Towels – adult and kid sizes – and face cloths
- Pajamas for children and women of all sizes (including extended sizes and male teens)
- Hair products for women of colour
- Supplies for Milton’s new therapeutic garden to be planted this spring (garden tools, soil, flower and vegetable seeds, pots).
Gift Card Needs:
- Grocery Stores
- Gas stations
- Canadian Tire
With thanks to the overwhelming response of the community since the winter holiday season, we are so grateful to share that the shelters are well stocked at this time and we are not currently in need of:
- Toiletries & menstrual products
- Baby and toddler items
Amazon Wish List:
- We have put together an Amazon Wish List of items that we are in most need of currently. Items on the list can be shipped directly to the shelter. You can find our Wish List here.
Items that we cannot accept in the shelters at this time:
- Used clothing, shoes, towels, sheets, blankets & curtains (*Please note gently used donations are welcome to be dropped off any time in the designated Clothing for Charity green bins located throughout Halton Region, including outside our Burlington & Milton locations)
- Used books
- Used furniture
- Used mattresses/beds/cribs
- Used cellphones/laptops/tablets/ipads
- Knit/crocheted/quilted items
- Perishable or leftover food
- Plush/stuffed toys
- Used toys and games
- Used baby/child car seats
- Travel/airline/hotel toiletries
- Pet supplies
For local listings of groups and organizations that are accepting and seeking donations, please visit www.hipinfo.ca to search the Halton Community Services Directory online.
Thank you for your generous interest to donate in support of Halton Women’s Place!
Donation drop offs are accepted on weekdays (9am-8pm) when there is optimal staffing. Donations should be in original packaging that can be wiped.
For more information or if you have questions, please email email@example.com
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter
NEED HELP NOW?
CALL OUR 24-HOUR CRISIS LINES
BURLINGTON & OAKVILLE: 905-332-7892
MILTON & HALTON HILLS: 905-878-8555
©2023 Halton Women’s Place. All Right’s Reserved | Registered Charity Number-10746 2558 RR0001