Make a Donation
Thank you for investing in the safety of women and children in Halton.
Your contribution will help make sure that women and children fleeing violence at home have a place to turn to!
If you would like to receive an official e-tax receipt for your donation, please provide your full contact information in the spaces provided as you would like it to appear on the receipt. Please note that an official tax receipt will be issued under the cardholder’s name. The Income Tax Act does not permit us to issue tax receipts to anyone other than the donor (the person or company whose name is on the credit card).
For corporate donations, please input the name as it appears on your CORPORATE credit card to receive the receipt in the company name.
Please consider becoming a regular contributor and making a lasting impact!
It’s easy to become a valued monthly donor! Select recurring gift on this form, and your donation will be processed automatically at the frequency of your choice.
You will also receive a tax receipt at the beginning of the following year, just in time for tax season.
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter