Our Crisis/Information/Support Line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you are in crisis and require support, call our crisis line to be connected to a Crisis Intervention Counsellor who will offer support, counselling, safety planning, information and resources over the phone or at our shelters.
If you are looking for help for a friend, colleague, family member or neighbour, please contact our crisis line to be connected to a Crisis Intervention counsellor who will offer support, education and resources. Please also visit our How to Help page.
Please note, we cannot offer counselling via email as it is not a secure form of communication.
Contact either of our 24-Hour Crisis/Information/Support Lines:
|Halton Women’s Place South Shelter:||905-332-7892|
|Halton Women’s Place North Shelter:||905-878-8555|
**Halton women’s Place will accept collect calls.
You have options:
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter
©2021 Halton Women’s Place. All Right’s Reserved | Registered Charity Number-10746 2558 RR001