Holiday Giving Gift Card Drive
Every year, during the holidays, we are blown away by the overwhelming support we receive from our community through our Holiday Hamper program. However, things continue to look different this year.
Due to continuing COVID-19 protocols for congregate living facilities like HWP, reduced staff and a lack of storage space, we are unable to accept gift-in-kind donations during this time.
This holiday season, if you are looking to do something with your family, faith groups, office mates, friends, please consider a Holiday Giving Gift Card Drive to Halton Women’s Place.
Like last year, our Holiday program continues assisting families that have used our services within the last year with gifts but are asking the community to provide gift cards – instead of physical gifts – to moms so that they can personally shop for their own children. We know everyone can understand how personal shopping for your little ones is at Christmas – and how very special! Rest assured – no child at Halton Women’s Place goes without toys under their tree. And we have YOU to thank on their behalf!
Your gift card donations will allow us to continue to support these women and children with what they need most – not only during this holiday time, but all year long. Please check out the downloadable lists below for general gift card suggestions, and suggestions for tweens and teens!
When purchasing gift cards, please keep all gift card activation receipts and submit with the gift cards (if you require a tax receipt, we will also need the original purchase receipts).
For Drop Off information, please email us at email@example.com.
Your donation will help make the holidays a little brighter for women and children fleeing abuse.
Gift Card Suggestions
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter
©2021 Halton Women’s Place. All Right’s Reserved | Registered Charity Number-10746 2558 RR0001