Strategic Planning Questionnaire for Clients
Halton Women’s Place provides a safe haven, information and education to support a future without abuse for women and their children experiencing domestic violence. HWP is committed, through public education and advocacy, to effect social change and work towards ending violence against women. As we head into a new strategic planning cycle, we want to ensure that our staff, donors, community partners and clients feel that we are heading in the right direction.
We are committed to building on our foundation, and our continued support of women and their children to live a life without violence. Your opinions and thoughts are very important to us and will no doubt be instrumental in shaping the future of HWP.
Your answers are anonymous and will not be shared individually with HWP/only be shared in aggregate.
Please take the time to complete following 5-10 minute survey and we thank you for your time and support
2021 Virtual Annual Report
2021 Annual General Meeting
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter