Halton Women’s Place is a non-profit organization devoted to assisting abused women and their dependent children. Shelter & support services for women as they establish violence-free lives in their community.
Click on the following to learn more about our services:
24-Hour Crisis/Information/Support Line
24-hour crisis line available with a direct connection to a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor who can provide support, information, resources, crisis counselling, and safety planning.
Community-based services for women and their children who are experiencing abuse, including support, community referrals, safety planning, crisis counselling.
Residential Services – Emergency Shelter
Safe, secure shelter and support for women and their children who are experiencing abuse.
- We provide free, safe shelter that is strictly non-judgmental and supportive.
- We have two locations, one in Milton and one in Burlington, serving the Halton Region.
- We offer free comprehensive, non-residential and residential counselling services to abused women and their dependent children.
- We also provide telephone counselling for women who just need to talk.
- We can refer women to other support services as necessary.
- We provide meals and emergency clothing.
- We offer therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the needs of both pre-school and school-aged children.
The staff at Halton Women’s Place knows that living with an abusive partner is tragic. They know that you have dedicated your life to your partner and family. They know that you are willing to try anything to stop the pain.
You Have Options!
If you decide to leave . . .
- Call Halton Women’s Place for the location of the shelter nearest you.
- Take your children with you to avoid custody problems in the future.
- Take your money, address book, health card and identification.
- If you have time, take clothing and personal items.
- If necessary, call Halton Women’s Place and ask us for emergency transportation.
We will house you and your children for up to six weeks and, if you decide that you are not going back, we will refer you to resources that will assist you in locating alternate accommodation.
In partnership with the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association we can offer the SafePet Program. This program was developed to provide temporary boarding space with local veterinary clinics for pets of women who are seeking refuge in women’s shelters.
- Safe shelter (including meals and basic personal items)
- Children’s programs, both pre-school and school-aged
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders
- One-to-one counselling as needed
- Supportive group counselling
- Outside referrals
- Depart planning
If you decide not to leave . . .
Halton Women’s Place Crisis Lines are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Staff will offer support, counselling, and information in complete confidentiality over the telephone or at our shelters. No appointment is necessary.
Our brochure, outlining our services, may be downloaded, viewed or printed from here:
Brochure (large PDF file – it may be slow to download)