Your opinion matters – YOU matter!
We care about the work we do here at Halton Women’s Place, and we also care about what your experience with us was like. Help us to gain a better understanding of your journey within our programs, and help us to make sure our programs are effective and are meeting the needs of our clients.
How we will use this information
Halton Women’s Place will use the information obtained from these evaluations to:
- Gain a better understanding of our client needs and how we can better meet the needs of our community;
- Explore our program structure and make plans for future services;
- Report back to our staff team, our community and our funders about the work we do, and how our clients experience our programs
Should you have any questions about the survey, or require the password to complete the survey, please speak to your counsellor or any program staff. Please know that this survey is voluntary and anonymous, and any personal identifying information will not be used in reports or shared outside of the organization.
Should you require support in completing this survey or wish to complete this survey in person, please contact our office to speak to a Management representative at 905-332-1593.
Thank you for your time in completing this survey – your opinion does truly matter to us.
- Residential Survey – Survey Link
- Outreach Survey – Survey Link
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter
©2022 Halton Women’s Place. All Right’s Reserved | Registered Charity Number-10746 2558 RR0001