Safe Shelter Program
Together we will make a difference
The Halton Women’s Place Safe Shelter Program gives corporations the opportunity to partner with us to provide safety, shelter and support to women and children affected by violence in their homes.
Through this program, you will position your company as one that is recognized as taking a lead role in ending violence against women and children. Your donation will show your commitment to creating healthy relationships and healthy communities.
|Women’s Quiet Lounge||$5,000||$5,000|
|Communal Living Room||$10,000||$10,000|
These figures are based on a 12-month period.
When you sponsor a room with a Safe Shelter Sponsorship, a plaque with your name will be hung in that room for everyone to see. This shows our clients, staff, volunteers and other community members that you support a future without violence.
For more information on the Safe Shelter Program please email Carm Bozzo at: firstname.lastname@example.org subject Safe Shelter.
Sponsors & Donors Spotlight
Halton Women’s Place Thanks our Safe Shelter Donors! Together, we work to create a home away from home and ensure a safe and secure and happy environment. We couldn’t do it without YOU!
Quadra Chemicals has been a Safe Shelter Donor since the year 2007 and has donated more than $120,000 to date! Quadra employees also enjoy volunteering for our organization – from reception to holiday hamper!
Nora’s Gift Foundation, led by Doug and Val Bennett, has been a Safe Shelter Donor since 2008 and has sponsored our Main Children’s Room in the Burlington Shelter. To date, Nora’s Gift Foundation has donated $110,000! Doug, Val and their family take great pride in the room they sponsor!
Royal LePage Burloak Real Estate Services has been a Safe Shelter Donor since 2005. This office has raised more than $150,000 for HWP!
Boehringher Ingelheim has been donating to HWP since the year 2000! To date, they have donated more than $120,000! Boehringher has been a dedicated friend and supporter.
Moen Inc. has been a donor since the year 2000 and to date has given more than $80,000! Moen Inc. has also been a great supporter of our annual gala event!
The Woodbine Entertainment Group has supported HWP since the year 2000 and has given more than $50,000 to date!
The newest Safe Shelter Donor, Maple Lodge Farms Foundation, has donated $35,000 in 2020 sponsoring 5 rooms in the Milton shelter!
Amazon YYZ2 Milton Warehouse became a Safe Shelter Sponsor in 2020 and has donated $5000 to the sponsorship of a bedroom!
Zonta Club of Oakville became a Safe Shelter Sponsor in 2020 and has donated $5000 to the sponsorship of a bedroom!
St Mathew’s Mar Thoma Church became a Safe Shelter Sponsor in 2020 and has donated $5000 to the sponsorship of a bedroom!
Hayward Gordon Group became a Safe Shelter Sponsor in 2020 and has donated $5000 to the sponsorship of a meeting room!
You have options:
You have options:
IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE
- Call our 24 hour Crisis, Information and Support Line to speak with a trained Crisis Intervention Counsellor;
- The Crisis Intervention Counsellor will explore your options with you and support you to create a Safety Plan, along with creating an Emergency Escape Plan
- If you have pets, you can explore safe options with the Crisis Intervention Counsellor.
If you do choose to come to Halton Women’s Place, you and your child(ren) may stay for up to 12 weeks. Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will work alongside you on your personal goals, which may include:
- Accessing community support;
- Accessing counselling;
- Obtaining housing;
- Accessing financial supports;
- Exploring legal supports;
- Any other individual goals.
Emergency transportation is available to help you get to the shelter.
IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO LEAVE
- Call the Halton Women’s Place 24-hour Crisis, Information and Support Line.
- Our Crisis Intervention Counsellors will offer support, counselling, resources and information. They will also explore your options.
- Crisis Intervention Counsellors will also offer to support you to create a safety plan for you, and your children, if applicable
- Crisis support is available on the phone or in person at either shelter. No appointment is necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE SHELTER
- Safe shelter with staff available 24 hours a day;
- Clean and welcoming bedrooms;
- Laundry facilities;
- Children’s Services, including parenting support, therapeutic groups, children’s activities, playroom;
- Court support for interim custody and restraining orders;
- Supportive counselling;
- Advocacy for you and your children;
- Support in accessing community services;
- Support groups;
- On-Going Safety Planning;
- Planning for departure from shelter
©2021 Halton Women’s Place. All Right’s Reserved | Registered Charity Number-10746 2558 RR001